The Salzkammergut Culture
Art, Culture And Consciously Lived Traditions & Customs
The Ausseerland has cast a spell over artists, creative folk and friends of authentic customs and traditions for a long time. Experience the “Flinserl” and “Trommelweiber”, the original Ausseer traditional costume, theatre performances and concerts during your holidays: fully immerse yourself into the Salzkammergut culture.
The right mixture is part of the fascination: in the Ausseerland as part of the Salzkammergut you will experience authentic traditions and customs as well as contemporary art and culture at the highest level
Traditions And Customs: The Salzkammergut Culture
The Salzkammergut culture never turned its traditions into folklore. Customs Associations lovingly keep long standing traditions alive. Guests are welcome to join in the celebrations – however neither are they the reason nor the trigger for the varied traditions and cultural celebrations in the Salzkammergut Region.
Varied Culture In The Salzkammergut Region
- Ausseerland Carnival: “Trommelweiber” (Drummer Women) and “Flinserl” liven up the streets and taverns of the Ausseerland. If there is such a thing as “sophisticated anarchy” you can experience it during carnival in the Ausseerland. A desired trait: Being able to hold one’s drink.
- Ausseer Narcissus Festival: every year thousands of fragrant wild growing narcissus flowers are turned into artistic statues and creations, which are paraded through the streets and across the lake. The election of the Narcissus Queen is the crowning moment during the Narcissus Festival in May.
- Ausseer Jazz Spring Festival during June
- Yodelling and wind brass music meeting at the Blaa Alm Chalet during June
- Advent time in the Ausseerland: pre Christmas customs and events as well as Barbara Celebration in Altaussee or the traditional St. Nicolas story in Bad Mitterndorf are a welcome change to commercially orientated Christmas markets.
- The Salzkammergut Mozart Festival
- Book readings, theatre, slide shows, exhibitions and concerts (from classic to modern) in the Ausseerland and the entire Salzkammergut.
Tips For Custom And Cultural Events In The Ausseerland At Hotel Seevilla
The team at your four star superior Hotel Seevilla in Altaussee is gladly of assistance with the selection and bookings for your events and custom celebrations in the Salzkammergut. Make the first step towards a holiday in Austria enriched with the Salzkammergut culture now: send a no-obligation booking enquiry to your Hotel Seevilla. Alternatively request more information via the phone number: 0043/(0)3622/71302, where more information regarding the Salzkammergut culture can be given.