Idyllic Hiking: Salzkammergut And Ausseerland Hiking
Country Walks, Hiking Tours And Mountaineering
Hiking in the Salzkammergut is a wonderful way to discover the stone age natural and cultural landscape step by step. Mountains, lakes and forests ensure varied and relaxing hours when hiking and walking.
Your hiking tour in Aussee starts right on the door step of your four star superior Hotel Seevilla in Altaussee. Choose from a relaxed stroll around Lake Altaussee or a summit trip to the local Loser Peak. But that’s only the beginning hiking in the Salzkammergut Region is multifaceted, varied and is fun for any level of hiking experience.
Walks in Aussee
- A Stroll through Altaussee: discover your holiday resort Altaussee with a nice walk through town. The old church, the Kurhaus, the salt water graduation tower, the old villas, all this and so much more is part of the unique flair of Altaussee.
- A round walk around Lake Altaussee: the 7 kilometre walking path around the lake, which will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete will open one spectacular view across the lake after another. The path leads you past villas from the 19th century, always along the lake until you reach the "Seewiese" swimming area where you will stop for a break, soaking in the views of Lake Altaussee and the mountains. On your way back you will pass numerous old boat houses, whose dark aged wood is original and homely.
- A walk to the Blaa Alm Chalet: the path leads you via blooming flower meadows and through forests until you reach the idyllically located Blaa Alm Chalet, where you will be able to taste regional and Styrian specialities and titbits. Seevilla Tip: During May the meadows around the Blaa Alm are dotted with wild, fragrant Narcissus – a truly magical experience.
Hiking Tours in Aussee
- A hiking tour to the Trisselwand face (2.5-3 hours walking time): from Hotel Seevilla you will reach the hiking path leading up the Trisselwand from the Altaussee lake path. A secure step and being free of vertigo are essential prerequisites for reaching the summit – as well as good mountaineering boots. But it’s all worth it: un-matched views down to Lake Altaussee and Lake Grundlsee will make up for it all.
- A hiking tour up the Loser Summit (2 hours from Altaussee to the Loser Chalet, 2.5 hours to the summit, the path leading via Blaa Alm Chalet is a bit longer): Get to know the local mountain of Altaussee, and conquer the Loser Summit in Aussee! Start your hiking tour directly in Altaussee or conquer some altitude metres by car on the Loser panorama road (subject to a toll fee) this variety is recommended if you want to undertake a more relaxed walking tour on the Loser Plateau.
Hiking in the Salzkammergut and the Ausseerland holds many great hiking destinations. At reception of the four star superior Hotel Seevilla you will receive great hiking tips and hiking maps. For your hiking holiday in the Salzkammergut Region of Austria do send a no-obligation online booking enquiry now – and the first step will already be done.