The Ausseerland And Salzkammergut Lakes
The Shimmering Jewels Of The Ausseerland
Discover the lakes of the Salzkammergut Region and the Ausseerland during your holidays in Austria: Swim in fresh water lakes with drinking water quality while enjoying recreationally relaxed or sports inspired holidays.
Every Salzkammergut lake has its very own, unique character. All of them have exquisite water quality: the numerous types of regional fish and water animals are blessed with the highest quality of life. Great news for gourmets who appreciate the Ausseer Arctic chars which is exquisitely prepared at the Hotel Seevilla restaurant!
Discovering The Salzkammergut Lakes & The Ausseerland Lakes
- Lake Altaussee: Your Hotel Seevilla lies directly on the fairytale like lake – offering views at the Loser and the legendary Trisselwand peak. Ever so beautiful: the hiking path on the mostly unobstructed shores all around Lake Altaussee. Spectacular: a hiking tour up the Trisselwand peak with views down at Lake Altaussee and Lake Grundlsee.
- Lake Grundlsee: for fishing fans the first point of call in the Salzkammergut! Especially popular: fishing for pike from the boat. For freshwater lake divers the Grundlsee Lake is a real diver’s paradise due to its clear waters.
- Lake Toplitz: discover this small Salzkammergut lake, which became famous due to the alleged treasure, best during a three lakes tour: (Grundlsee lake – Lake Toplitzsee – Kammersee lake)
- Lake Hallstatt: Combine a trip to Lake Hallstatt with visiting the picturesque town of Hallstatt. A must see: the lovingly cared for “House of Bones” near the church. Unique: the lake procession during the Corpus Christi days in June.
- Lake Oedensee: this moor forest lake and its direct surroundings can be discovered on four nature experience paths.
Fishing & Freshwater Diving In The Lakes Of The Salzkammergut
Fly fishing is especially popular in the rivers and streams of the Ausseerland. Fishers are often overwhelmed by the rich stock of fish in these crystal clear rivers and lakes. Freshwater divers appreciate the unparalleled clarity of this mountain lake with great visibility. If you would like to learn more about the water inspired activities of the Salzkammergut Region: do contact the team at Hotel Seevilla under the phone number: 0043/(0)3622/71302.
If you would like to book your room at the four star superior Hotel Seevilla offering dreamy views across Lake Altaussee, then do send an online booking enquiry now. And soon you will enjoy the many holiday facets of the Salzkammergut lakes in Austria.